1. PORDUCTS OVERVIEW
Clean Water Pumps(hereafter referred to as simply “electri c pump”) include peripheral pumps of models QB, SOm, WZB, AWZB, PW and centrifugal pumps of models SHF(m), CP(m), PC, 2SGP(m), SGT PUM, PR(m),KSW and jet pumps of models JET, PTB, SGJW.
The electric pump is made up of motor, water pump and seal. Motor adopts asynchronous one. Incorporating vortex impeller, the peripheral pumps enjoy high head, among which, models WZB, AWZB, PW are capable of self-priming, but models OB, sOm can not. Model AWZB. PW is equipped with automatic control system which mean the electric pump can pump water when the valve at outlet is opened whereas stop work when it is closed. Adopting centrifugal impeller and volute-casing, the models SHF(m), SGA(m), CP(m), SGT,2sGP(m),PR(m),KSW are characterized by large out low, stable operation and low noise.
Jet pumps of models JET,SGIW, PJ, PTB adopt unique structure and have function of self- priming. Between the water pump and the motor, single end mechanical seal is applied, whereas O- rings are used for stati c seal at all fixed spigot joints.
Automatic control system for water pump
2. CONDITIONS FOR USE
The electric pumps shall keep normal and continuous working under the following conditions:
- Maximum ambient temperature: +40°C.
- Maximum medium temperature: +40°C.
- Medium pH value: 6.5-8.5 .
- Maximum volumetric ratio of solid impurities content in the medium : 0.1 % . Maximum size of solid particle: 0.2mm.
- Power voltage and power frequency must be in accordance with the nominal values indicated on the name plate.
- JET-GI’s pump body can bear the pressure of 0.6MPa largest.
3. NOTICES ON INSTALLATION AND APPLICATION
- Check the electric pump includes the cable, terminal, or plug (if equipped) before the installation to see whether there is any damage in transit or storage. Check whether the cold insulation resistance exceeds 50 Mega ome.
- Fix the electric pump properly when installation. Use steel or hose to connect the foot valve (if equipped) and clectric pump inlet. Do not allow to use soft hose to avoid being flat. For self-priming pump, it only needs fill up with water in the housing of pump instead of full of water in the intake pipe.
In order to keep pump reliable operation.
the strainer shall be installed availably and make sure the foot valve and strainer to be installed at least 30cm above the water bottom to avoid foreign matters (i.e.s and & mud) being sucked into electric pump chamber resulting in operation failure(See Drawing of Installation).
Make sure that foot valve at intake pipe and the one end of strainer are submerged in water after completing connection between the upper end of intake pipe and the inlet end of electric pump. The pipeline shall be shortened as much as possible and avoid too many joints. Besides, the suction height shall not exceed value of requirement.
- Move the fan blade by screw driver, check whether electric pump rotates freely and whether three phase electric pump rotational direction is correct . As viewed from the side of fan, clockwise rotation indicates electric pump rotational direction is correcet.
If its rotational direction is wrong, firstly cut off the power immediately, then swap over any two of the three-phases of the electric pump.
- Make sure the intake pipe and its joint are sealed completely to avoid air leakags.
1. Regularly check the insulation resistance between the electric pump winding and motor casing. The cold insulation resistance shall not be lower than 50M2. Otherwise, corresponding measures shall be taken. The electric pump could not be reused until it meets the operation requirement.
2. The maintenance job should be taken according to the next steps:
Dismantlement: Check various vulnerable components including roller bearings, mechanical seal, impeller, foot valve, etc. Replace them timely if damage is found.
Air tightness test: Conduct hydraulic (or pneumatic) pressure test for components used to pass flow through their passages according to maximum hydraulic (or pneumatic) actuating pressure after disassembling pump for repair or replacing various airtight packing. The test should last for 5 minutes. If no leakage or sweat occur during the time, pass the test.
3. Drain off residual water inside pump when ambient temperature is lower than 4°C to avoid crack occurrence for pump body due to frost.
4. If the electric pump is to remain unused for a long period of time, firstly disassemble the pipeline and drain off the residual water, then rinse the main components for rust-proof treatment, finally, keep it in the dry and well-ventilated place and store it properly.
5. ILLUSTRATIONS ON INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
1. The electric pumps must be installed in a dry well-ventilated place with an ambient temperature of no more than 40 °C. Fix the pump in place on a solid flat surface using suitable bolts to avoid vibration.
2. The intake pipe must be slightly angled up towards the intake mouth to avoid the formation of air locks.
3. The pipes must always be fitted using the related brackets to avoid transmitting stress to the pump body
4. The specifications on the electric pump name plate and rated li ne valuesare the same.
5. Check that three-phase electric pumps rotate clockwise when looking at the pump from motor fan side, swapping over two of the phase connections if they do not.
6. Fill the electric pump completely with clean water before switching it on. the water should be poured in through the priming plug.
7. When there is risk of freezing, empty the electric pump through the drain plug on the bottom of pump body, making sure you prime it when regular intervals.
If the electric pump is subsequently starting it again. check that the foot valve is clean at regular intervals.
If the electric pump is to remain unused for a long of time(e.g. in the winter), it is advisable to empty it completely, rinse it with clean water and store it in a dry place.