SEO and online marketing expert John Rogenrod show you how to create a high performing website optimization and get top rankings on all search engines. In this edited excerpt, the author outlines a comprehensive strategy for successfully optimizing your website.
● The goal of search engine optimization is to search engine spiders not only to find your site and pages, but also to rank the relevance of the page in particular, so that it appears at the top of the search engine results. The process of optimization is not a one-time process, but it requires maintenance, tuning and continuous testing and monitoring.
Below is a comprehensive four-step process for search engine optimization strategy. Use it as your top-level checklist.
Step 1: Target Market Business Analysis
● Website Analysis Analyze meta set / keyword, view text and code to determine how good you are to the search engine. For example, how much code do you have on the page compared to the text?
● competitive analysis. To determine an effective engine positioning strategy, examination of the current engine ranking of content keywords and competitive websites. To begin this process, select the top five results in Google listing results. Expand as required. Use tools like semrush.com and Keywordspy.com.
● Initial keyword enrollment. Development of priority list of targeted search terms related to your customer base and market area. Start with: What would you type in a search engine to find your business website optimization or page? Then ask your customers.
Step 2: Keyword Research and Development
● Keyword Analysis From enrollment, identify the targeted list of keywords and phrases ahead. Review competing lists and other relevant industry sources. Use your initial list to determine the number of recent search engine queries and how many websites are competing for each keyword. Prioritize keywords and phrases, plurals, singular and misspellings. (If the searcher usually misses a keyword, you should recognize it and use it). Please note that Google will try to correct the word when searching, so use it carefully.
● Baseline ranking evaluation. You need to understand that where you are now able to accurately assess your future rankings. Place a simple Excel sheet to start the process. Check to start weekly. As soon as you are more comfortable, check it every 30 to 45 days. You should see improvement in website traffic, a major indicator of progress for your keywords. Some optimists will say that the ranking is dead.
● Define your objectives in advance so that you can measure your ROI with any program you implement. Start simple, but do not skip this step. Example: You can decide to increase website traffic from the current baseline of 100 visitors per day in the next 30 days. Or you may want to improve your current conversion rate from one percent to two over a given period. You can start with the top-level, total number, but you should drill into specific pages that can improve products, services and business sales.
Step 3: Content Optimization and Submission
● Create page title. Keyword-based titles help to establish page themes and directions for your keywords.
● Create meta tag. Meta description tags can affect click-throughs but are not used directly for ranking. (Google no longer uses keyword tags.)
● Place strategic search phrases on pages. Integrate selected keywords into existing content on your website source code and selected pages. Be sure to apply the recommended guidelines for one to three keywords / phrases per page on the content page and add more pages to complete the list. Make sure that the related terms are used as a natural inclusion of your keywords.
● In the past, 100 to 300 words were recommended on one page. Many tests show that pages with 800 to 2,000 words can make younger people better. In the end, users, markets, content and links will determine the popularity and ranking numbers.
● Develop new sitemaps for Google and Bing Make it easy for search engines to index your website. Create both XML and HTML versions. An HTML version is the first step. The XML Sitemap can be easily submitted through Google and Bing Webmaster Tools.
● Submit the website for directories (limited access). Professional search marketers do not submit the URL to the main search engine, but it is possible to do this. A better and faster way to bring links back to your site naturally. Links index your site by search engines. However, you can get your URL directory such as Yahoo! (Payment), Business.com (paid) and DMOZ (free). Some people can opt to include AdSense (google.com/adsense) scripts on a new site to see their Google Media Bot. This will probably index your pages quickly.
Step 4: Continuous testing and measurement
● Test and measure. Analyze search engine rankings and web traffic to determine the effectiveness of programs that you implement, including the evaluation of individual keyword performance. Examine the results of the changes, and keep tracked changes in an Excel spreadsheet or whatever you are comfortable with
● Maintenance. To improve consistency in search engine rankings, it is necessary to add and modify keyword and website optimization content so that growth does not interfere or neglect. A blog can give you the necessary structure and ease of content that you need. Your hosting company can usually help you with installation / installation of the blog.